#884   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-08, 03:33

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcgrrl2006
Oh no Bo, it's an individual thing. Some people find that they can do just that in maintenance or start eating "higher carb" again. It's a journey to find our own individual comfort zones in maintenance. Not one way is better than the other. It's what works for you.
Totally agree that it's an individual thing and what works for one may or may not work for another.

In my case, I'm finding that following the 80/20 rule is working well for me in maintaining my weight. So, as long as I'm good for at least 80% of the time, then the 20% of the time I eat off plan doesn't cause a problem. What I normally do is to stick totally to plan during the week, and then have either a meal or two out off plan (including dessert), or else some treats that I wouldn't normally eat during the week. Of course, I can adjust my plan to have a meal out during the week should I choose to do so.

Obviously, while this works well for me, it might very well not work for someone else, and I can totally understand those who feel that it would be the slippery slope for them if they did go off plan.

Bo, I hope that you enjoy your meal, however you decide to play it