Old Thu, May-01-08, 13:41
Registered Member

Plan: Gen LC / IF
Stats: 215/193/150 Female 67
BF:too/darn/much
Progress: 34%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne2

Now, I'm going to go out on a limb and say something I've refrained from mentioning till now: I think that I lose better if I *don't* push my feed window shorter than 5-6 hours. More than that--and this may be all in my head so please take it with a grain of salt--and I feel like my body definitely begins to 'shut down' a bit and to tries to conserve. I don't think, say, 23/1 type IF would work for me at all. (I could be wrong--I haven't tried that hard to push it more than a few times. I just know that on my whoosh weeks, I am consistently eating what amounts to two meals in 5-6 hours.) Now, if I made my feed window longer, I know it wouldn't take long before I was constantly planning the next meal in my head.

Did I mention--anecdotal only, and grain of salt?

I guess, like everything, it's about balance, and I've struck one here that allows me to lose slowly but acceptably (a pound and change per week, average) while not obsessing over food.

You're not alone Gwynne - this window works best for me too. I usually eat around 2:30/3p and again about 7/8p. Going 20/4 or 21/3 was causing me a lot of unwanted side effects - from gas to chest pains and it was uncomfortable and frightening!
I just have to have fuel for the amount of exercising my overweight behind is doing on a regular basis (3-5 times a week).
While my weight loss has not been spectacular (thanks peanut butter!) since I opened the window, I feel/measure a huge difference in inches! Even though I am still flirting around 190, my clothes are getting loose again and I went shopping and was able to buy smaller sizes!
I was wondering if I was still IF'ing opening my window so large - but it appears for some, it works