View Single Post
  #1968   ^
Old Sun, Apr-27-08, 10:57
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

That is a really great post and explains a lot. I'm going to bookmark it. However, I just wish I knew "how much" fat would optimize that reaction. It seems that if we know, roughly, how much glucose the body needs per day, we know how much dietary protein will cover that, then how much dietary fat does it take to optimize the process??

The "fat will take care of itself" just doesn't cut it for me.

And do we need to eat even more protein to cover the maintenance of the lean body mass, or does the 42% of the total protein intake that isn't used in the gluconeogenesis cover it?

Anyway, I wonder if the "perfect" diet consists of, for the "person" in his article, based on the 60g carbs in his article, 78-94 grams of protein, and 150 grams of fat? (I can explain how I came to those numbers if anyone wants me to.)

How much pure body fat be burned in a day?

Interestingly, this is pretty close to what I eat in protein and fat, but not in carbs, and I'm losing an average of .3 pounds per day, even being pretty close to my "ideal" weight. But if I'm losing .3 pound of muscle a day, as he indicated could happen, which certainly explains my loss each day here lately, then I'm most certainly alarmed.