View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-08, 05:13

Plan: Dr. Bernstein (modified )
Stats: 298/205/199 Male 5 foot 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

Yes, my Doctor said as soon as my diagnosis happened, oh by the way you have to go on statins.

Your cholesterol is now deemed to be too high.

My total cholesterol ranges from 170-200. My HDl is around 55-60. My ratio is good. But my LDL is above 100. They now worry about LDL that is over 100.

However, as you research LDL further, you will find out that LDL is made up of different particles. The small sticky particles are the dangerous one. The HDL is the scrubber, so I don't know why all of a suddent everyone worries about LDL.

Anyway, getting back to LDL. Most LCing diets positively effect the composition of LDL. Most of our particles are the large "benign" particles, which from all research to date do not harm us.

So, my next cholesterol test will also include the LDL composition test.

I know about Zetia. My wife was taking it along with her Lipitor. Her family's genetics cause high cholesterol readings; diet I believe can influence the numbers by about 10% and exercise can help improve HDL. The Zetia had lowered her numbers down to 170 being taken with Lipitor. But now, she stopped them as a result of this recent knowledge from this ONE study. Her cholesterol went back up to 260. So now the Doctor is recommending that she doubles her dose of Lipitor up to 80mg. I remember reading that you have minimal improvement with Lipitor once you are above 20mg for sure. We will see. Maybe that is wrong.

What I am trying right now as of this writing are two products: Cholesterol block and niacin.

I want to see if this changes my "good" but now "bad" numbers.

Ralph