View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-08, 14:52

Plan: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Stats: 212/162/155 Male 68 "
BF:32/23.5/23.5
Progress: 88%

Inside of us is a little voice. We all have heard it many times. Also inside of us is something a little deeper than the little voice. It is only detectable as an awareness that the little voice is talking to us.... Once we detect that the awareness of the little voice is active within us also and that it is separate from the little voice, we can no longer be trapped by depression, but rather we begin to resolve our internal conflicts.

This may not seem to make sense; but it is the essence of spirituality, or rather who we really are....

I used to get depressed until several years ago when I read a book by Eckhart Tolle, "The Power of Now"... I've read the book cover to cover 14 times and have skimmed over sections of it hundreds of times. In the book, Tolle says that we have the power to observe our own thoughts and that power is pure consciousness. Thought cannot exist without consciousness, but consciousness can exist without thought.

When we can learn to observe our thinking, especially negative thinking, we can detach from it and not allow our thoughts to define or become who we are.

It might seem an impossible task to grasp the concept of self awareness and thus pull our ownselves out of a depressive mode, but once grasped, depression will never again seem an insurmountable task, but rather just a mild nuisance from time to time......