Stats: 233/172/130 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunboy47
reference site on Berberine Hydrochloride:

http://www.itmonline.org/arts/berberine.htm

Highlights from the site:

It has been used in China for treating gastrointestinal diseases with reported success; applications have included acute gastroenteritis, cholera, and bacillary dysentery. So, the first applications of isolated berberine were for treatment of these conditions.

Soon after berberine was prepared as an isolated agent for clinical use, it was noted that berberine had other potential benefits; for example, it appeared to reduce high blood pressure at doses of about 1 gram per day (3). The hypotensive action of berberine has been confirmed in several pharmacology experiments, but follow-up clinical trials have been lacking. Still, this effect of berberine fortunately led to further testing of the compound for patients with cardiovascular disease risk factors, and evidence developed to demonstrate a lowering of cholesterol (and triglycerides) and of blood sugar. These new findings are the main focus of this brief report.

Thanks for posting this link. I would LOVE to try this, but am really wary of any herb or herbal product coming from China (see my other post). My customers will no longer buy anything from that country, so it isn't just me.

How could people wanting to try this be assured of a quality, pure, inspected and regulated product? Is there a brand name that is know to be safe?