Old Thu, Jan-31-08, 17:17
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/ IF
Stats: 162/128/130 Male 175
BF:
Progress: 106%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaW
AC set the "rules" to be a no-win situation....but did manage to get play on it here anyway....he's become quite the masterful marketer of himself, hasn't he?

Regina, I'm no fan of Anthony Colpo either. But seriously, that's a cop out. I've carefully examined the conditions he set. It seems to me he is anxious to eliminate the 'self reporting' errors that do always seem to have stymied any sensible examination of whether low carb 'metabolic advantage' exists, or is just a figment of credulous low carber's imaginations.

I'm curious, which of A.C's conditions made it an unreasonable no win situation?. You do mean unreasonable don't you?. Or are you suggesting that he may be right?

I mean what's the point of flouncing around amongst other similarly credulous low carbers, excluding the skeptical faculties that you at least seem to make some attempt to foster (in yourself and others - your blog is called 'Weight of the Evidence' after all, not 'Weight of the Anecdotal, reporting error plagued "Evidence") Aren't you really saying: 'I don't care whether their is no metabolic ward evidence' of L.C metabolic advantage, I just 'know' it exists. Anyway I've....I've 'proved' it myself).

Regina, I'm afraid that is just not good enough.

Don't forget I'm specifically directing this at any credulous Low Carbers. You might not want to admit that your reaction so far puts you in that camp. In fact, you may very well splutter and try to take some kind of higher moral ground ( that you are somehow not going to 'lower' yourself to responding to such a challenge) about this. It doesn't matter ultimately. Either metabolic advantage exists or it doesn't. And even more importantly, either the metabolic ward evidence of it's existence has been found, or it hasn't. Can you see that Anthony Colpo cannot make it cease to exist if it actually does, however nasty a person he is?. What he is asking is whether conclusive evidence of its existence has been found, yet. That is a question very worth answering, Regina, whether you, I , or anyone else dislikes him or his methods.

Please stop this ridiculous obfuscation and consider the question, not muddy the waters with irrelevancies about the personalities. Otherwise it might be time to reconsider a change of the title of your blog to something like 'Weight of the Evidence that suits my preconceptions', perhaps?

Stuart