View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-08, 20:49

Plan: whey protein
Stats: 135/110/110 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 100%

tempurpedic is not good? That's a surprise! Now that I think about it though, Lindsay Wagner looks so ill in that commercial (like she has CFIDS herself), that I always paused a little. She even looked a little ill in her first movie many years ago - sort of a stare in her eyes and no energy.

I have a futon on top of box springs, gets pretty lumpy. I'm inspired by the Japanese as healthy agile people (in 3rd grade in Honolulu I attended a Japanese school while my family waited for Navy Base housing), so a lot of my furnishings are Japanese. I've never thought it was about the bed though - more about totally relaxing the body. In the Japanese school we took a nap after lunch, on pallets on the floor. I was always stiff even in a soft bed, but the Japanese children were happy as clams napping on those pallets. I slept about as well on the pallet as in my bed at home.

My sleep is really poor - waking because of pain. I've tried melatonin (too strong), OTC meds (too strong) and 2 aspirin or a percodan (better than nothing). Since I currently am slowly recovering from the usual winter virus (fever and chills - severe muscle pains), I got pretty desperate for a pain med. I have taken St. John's Wort for the past three days (amazing I'd never tried it before in all these years), and the first night I slept well, and am taking a 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon. Wake up feeling relaxed - much better than 2 aspirin can do. Then I get tired later again - still a little fever with the virus. No residual feeling in the morning like stronger pain meds.

I have noticed occasional sleep apnea myself over the years - waking up catching my breath - so I'm very leery of any sleep meds that seem even a little too strong.