View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-08, 19:22

Plan: LC/IF
Stats: 180/173.8/150 Female 5'9"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 21%
Default How awful is "The Biggest Loser?"

I just watched the 3rd season of "The Biggest Loser" the other day and oh my word, I think that show, while entertaining, is just awful! I mean, how realistic is it to take these people away from their homes and work and put them into an environment where they obsess every day about losing as much weight as they can while eating basically low fat, low cal food and exercising WAY excessively! I mean, here are these people who desperately want to lose weight and feel better and they are put into this situation that, yes, helps them lose weight temporarily but is practically impossible to maintain!

I heard that the one runner up of season 3 just ate asparagus and jello for days before the final weigh in in order to get as low as she could; I watched another runner up totally obsess about exercising to the point of a disorder the weeks before the final weigh in. I've also heard that the winner from season 1 has gained most of his weight back and that a large majority of the people who lose weight on the show gain it back. Now, I know that this show is meant for entertainment purposes, but how awful is it to put these people through all that only to be setting them up for failure since that way of losing weight is almost impossible to maintain! Is all of that worth the money they win and having their 15 minutes of fame on TV?
Sponsored Links