View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-07, 10:10

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 215/164/158 Female 68 inches (5' 8")
BF:much/less/now :-)
Progress: 89%

Still alive and glad to hear everyone is doing well. Lisa - thinking of you and the belly. Hope all goes well in your last few weeks. take it easy!!

As for me...
I'm on the run a lot with work and preparing for Christmas. Meal planning has been a challenge. We always say that you can make low carb choices anywehre, and while that is true, its also more difficult to resist temptation and constantly tell people "no thanks". Right now, I'm tired of explaining myself and my WOE to strangers. My waitress last night seemed a bit troubled by my insistence on not having potatoes with my meal. "The potatoes come with it" she kept saying. [sigh]. "I know, but I won't eat them. Tell the chef to just leave them off and give me the veggies....[repeat]"

My friend Julia thought I lost more weight since I stopped weighing myself in early November, so I checked last week - no weight lost, but get this, I lost another half inch off my waist, hips and thighs. LOL. Good thing my mother arrives here next week since I need to buy new pants.

Its the holiday season and I am giving myself a bit of a break from losing any more weight. I've upped my carbs to more maintenence levels and have been indulging in higher carb veggies (squash, tomatoes, an occasional sweet potato), fruits and some non low carb items like a slice of bread or some crakers (maybe 2 meals a week). Some of this makes me a bit nervous as I've had a tendency to over indulge in the past. I'll likely get back to "clean" living once Mom leaves at the end of the month. I'm also considering tracking carbs for a few weeks to see what maintenence really means by the numbers.