View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Sep-06-07, 06:39
Registered Member

Plan: basic low carb
Stats: 160.7/138.8/130 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hi Jaddles, welcome back to the LC world.

Yes the bread is from Empower, it's called Golden Wholemeal. This is the blurb from the site:

Empower Golden Wholemeal Bakery Mix (700g)
sku#:
EWBREWM (No GST)
Not only have we developed the best tasting and lowest carb bread in Australia , but the same mix can also be used to make delicious low carb pizza bases. Now you can enjoy eating toast, a sandwich, a hamburger (complete with bun) and delicious pizza's - all without compromising your low carb diet! Each pack makes 2 loaves of bread or 6 delicious pizza bases. Each slice of bread contains only 2.5 grams of carbs! It can be made using a bread machine or a conventional oven with the help of a food processor. (NO GST ON THIS PRODUCT)

Ingredients:

WHEAT GLUTEN, WHEAT PROTEIN ISOLATE, CORN STARCH, WHEAT BRAN, SOY FLOUR, WHOLEMEAL FLOUR (5%), LINSEED, SUNFLOWER SEED, SOY FIBRE, SALT, POPPY SEEDS, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, EMULSIFIER (221), THIAMINE (VITAMIN B1). Contains milk, soy and wheat derivatives.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION:
Per Serving (44g slice, 15 per pack) - 509kj, Protein 11.8g, Fat - Total 5.9g, Saturated 0.7g, Carbs 2.5g, Sugars 0.1g, Fibre 6.1g, Sodium 165mg

You can order from Empower Foods website, or Low Carb Zone website, and I have also found it in my local health food shop.

I wouldn't recommend it if you are just starting out, but if you've done induction then its great to have a piece of bread or toast again!

Good luck, hope to see you around the boards.

Cheers, Jodi