View Single Post
  #154   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-07, 19:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272/248/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

Thank you for posting the thread Lisa, it was very interesting. I think I better understand now. Daryl you are right in that we do so much research and still don't have all the answers The thing that most intrigues me is when people share their experiments on getting their BG down and when I see people's success, it gives me hope. This morning I read that eating a green apple before bed helped some people with DP, others were helped by vinegar pills and some were helped by some resistant starch called Hi-Maize. I'm not sure but I think that is what Kevinpa uses in his baking recipes. Since being diagnosed 10 years ago, I am always looking for things that will help and usually I am very strict with what I eat (I'm human so there are the occasional slipups). It can be frustrating when people close to you say "just one little bit won't hurt you" or "so and so cured his diabetes when he lost weight and now he eats whatever he wants" or if you do have a slipup "it's about time, you're too strict, you need to let loose every once and a while". I wish diabetes was that simple.