View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-07-07, 15:37

Plan: PSMF
Stats: 137/127.6/125 Female 5'5"
BF:24.5/23/20
Progress: 78%
Default whey protein causing weight gain??

hoping someone can clear my confusion...

I take whey protein because due to "intestinal problems", I could not tolerate much more than protein, and because of the GLUTAMINE, as it helps repair my intestinal lining and tissue. I have been drinking 1 a day, but recently have become 'addicted' to the "eveil protein cookie/cake", and am eating too much...I know this. And, I know this must stop!

Anyway, I noticed on the container it states "DO NOT USE FOR WEIGHT REDUCTION". I went to the HFS today looking for an unflavored whey and it had the same statement. Hmm...could this be causing my stall...which is slowly turning into a gain???

My alternative medicine doc is helping greatly in repairing my weak immune system and gut, and I am now s-l-o-w-l-y starting to exercise again, but by NO MEANS to the extent that I used to, in fact what I am calling exercising now, I used to laugh at others when they would consider it actually working out. Guess I learned my lesson, huh?

Anyways, so I don't take the whey to repair muscle tissue, but for the reasons stated above, and...well because I love the taste! I'm wondering though, if it is causing weight gain. I felt it was "okay" as long as I stayed around 125gr of protein a day, but now I'm wondering if I'm sabatoging myself??

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated

-Julie
Sponsored Links