Thread: "Super-size me"
View Single Post
  #69   ^
Old Sat, Aug-04-07, 00:54

Plan: Gluten Free, Low Carb
Stats: 205/200.2/150 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 9%

Well yeah, everyone knew it, sure. But no one really saw exactly what could happen if you ate that much of it. Its pretty interesting really that fast food can give you fatty liver, something that usually only happens to obese people or people who drink excessive amounts of alcohol. The man in the movie was neither obese or an alcoholic, so it was pretty strange. The movie was about more than eating McDonald's and getting sick, it was about how our country has become so dependent on places like McDonald's because of their stupid busy lives and they can't go home and cook a meal, and that they are actually feeding their children this food. That's what it was truly about, what we are putting our bodies through. I never, EVER, went to McDonald's or any other fast food joint and thought "Hey I bet if I ate a lot of this, I'd get fatty liver and die soon!".. No, I thought "Man, I'm a little late for work, I need to pick up something" but instead of getting a salad like I should have, I'd get a few double cheeseburgers. So yeah, we knew what would happen, but there was a little more to the story.