View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-26-07, 22:25

Plan: Like to start Scwarzbien
Stats: 298/290/119 Female 5 feet, 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi, I'm new and don't know my way around as far as where things post after I type in this box. However, in hopes of you finding me here, does it count if I turn 60 in Dec.? I have just started Dr.S as I think it will help my son to hang in there with me. I'll cook regular whole "good" carbs for him and just take my portion from that, mean while we will both be eating healthier low carbs proteins, fats and non-starchy veggies. Since she doesn't food combine or rather separate, I won't have to use weird icky stuff like protien powder, so he won't have a fit at the weird taste. I have over a 100 lbs to lose, WAY over, and I know my hormones are a mess. Haven't had a period in years, but still having hot flashes and if anything they are worse now, just sweat like I was outdoors. In fact someone asked me on a very hot day if I had just come in from outside. My regular Dr. isn't too good about wanting to check hormones, change medications to get me off of those that increase insulin resistance. Was going to go to an endo, but she isn't taking any more diabetic patients, hormone imbalance or not. soooo guess I just have to do it on my own and hope I get healed enough by eating healthy that my body corrects itself. Can't afford to switch Dr. due to insurance. Anyone else out there a Type 2, who is not too gracefully aging?