#65   ^
Old Tue, Jul-10-07, 15:41

Plan: Organic Dukan Attack
Stats: 132/129.4/116 Female 4' 11"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Don't discount the links between psychological behavior and diet though. There is a suspected link between schizophrenia and humans and celiac disease, so I would expect that any sort of food intolerance can have a mental effect.

If you're dead set against a raw diet, how about trying a cooked home made diet? At least then you could see if changing the ingredients you use makes a difference.

It's not that I am set against the raw food diet, but when I was reading about BARF years ago, both pro and con, I saw a few horror stories about cats on raw food diets suffering terribly from parasites and deficiencies. Sort of like reading the back and forth between Atkins dieters and vegans. Both sides claim authority--both sides are adamant in their beliefs.

I picked up a frozen chub of Countrypets for Cats last weekend. It is from New Zealand and contains no grains. I think it's raw (but I could be mistaken about that). I plan to thaw it and begin giving it to Caesar later this week--I just wanted to be sure that he didn't have any lingering issues from his last vet visit before starting. I want there to be as few variables as possible to be considered if he starts vomiting. (Some cats do react badly to the raw foods, at least at first.)