View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 13:43

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%
Default Wow! Wheat Gluten Reaction No LC Tortillas For Me! :-(

So at this stage in the LC game I decided to try for the first time some LC tortillas. They were really good too. They actually tasted better than the regular kind. I can't believe the taste. I made some awesome tortillas and tacos. The first brand I tried was LC Choppers. They are awesome. The second one I tried because I've heard so much about them were Mama Lupe's tortillas they were good too, but LC Choppers has them beat in taste, but Mama Lupe's is 1 net carb less and hers are a bit larger than the LC Choppers.

Anyway to get to the point, looks like I'm allergic to wheat gluten. Because after eating the LC tortillas I have broken out in a fierce rash from head to toe and it is not good. I can't believe I finally get to have tacos now I'm probably allergic to them. Man! Tell me it ain't true.

I went to the emergency hospital yesterday and there diagnosis was herpitform dermatitis which is an allergic reaction to wheat gluten caused by *Coeliac Disease. Well, sounds like they hit the nail right on the head to me, but they state they aren't sure that's what it is so now I went to see my dermatologist whom also seems a bit baffled and states that he doesn't think that its from the wheat gluten even though all the symptoms are the same as described when I googled it myself.

So now they have me on steroids and benedryl. Oh boy! I don't like this, but I do like that it's helping with the pain, stinging and burning caused by the rash and on top of that it's making my inflammed knee feel better. So yeah they got me on some Prednisone. My dermatologist says I could be on it long term and I'm a bit afraid of that considering all the side effects including weight gain and all other kinds of terrible stuff.

Well anyway, I go back to see the dermatologist on Thursday to see if there has been any improvement and if they can figure out what the heck is going on with my body.

I hope it's not the wheat gluten, but I guess I'd rather it be that than something more serious.

*Coeliac Disease (CD), also called Gluten Enteropathy, has until recently been known as Gluten Intolerance. CD is a hereditary disorder of the immune system in which eating gluten leads to damage of the mucosa (lining) of the small intestine (small gut). This results in malabsorption of nutrients and vitamins. CD is the result of IgA and IgG antibody responses to gluten. It is important to differentiate between CD, mediated by IgA and IgG antibodies, and wheat allergy, which is mediated by IgE antibodies.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~ Ralph Marston

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
Sponsored Links