View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jun-10-07, 12:51

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 153/148/125 Female 5'2"
BF:38% / 38% / 28%
Progress: 18%

With flagyl twice a day for 6days, I didn't find ANYTHING that worked other than toast or crackers. Additionally, I need to have the lowest iron content possible, with the highest fat content possible. Several of the medicines only bind to the same neuro-receptors as iron, so anything taken within 4hrs of the medicine needs to be VERY low iron content, and they are fat-soluble so need highest fat content possible. From my quick perusal, that means white bread.

One recommendation was avocado for fat availability, but it doesn't keep from needing a bucket, same with nuts. Those are fine for meds that don't create intensive nausea, but I know with flagyl the bucket was needed at almost exactly 15min, unless a bread product was in my stomach. (I tried pork rinds & I think they would have worked except their smell turned my stomach.)

CitrusKiss: You posted while I was composing. Thanks for the reminder about ginger; I had heard about that and forgotten. I tried peppermint tea last time and it didn't help. Flax is way too high in iron, otherwise my flax crackers would work wonderfully, I think. I'm lookin' ... thanks for the suggestions.