View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-19-07, 15:11

Plan: life without bread
Stats: 150/130/130 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

If you prefer grilling meats, I think that marinating in olive oil/vinegar would be great (can even marinate overnight). If you don't have the time to do that, maybe you could make some sauces for drizzling over the meat. (EDIT: like this one http://www.recipezaar.com/65212) Or even just grill it like usual and then drizzle olive oil on it (like the way some people cook a steak and then serve it with a pat of butter melted on top).

I hate just eating avocados too (blech!) but if I put some avo in a smoothie I don't really notice it.

What kind of veggies do you eat other than salad greens? Might give us some better ideas on how to gussy them up.

Here's my mayo recipe. It's also over on the recipe thread:

MAYONNAISE
-------------

1 large egg
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tbl raw apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
1/2 tsp salt

1 cup light olive oil

Whiz everything but the oil in the food processor for 30 seconds. Then while the motor's still running start adding the oil - but BE CAREFUL. At first, only put it in 1-2 drops at a time. After you've got 10 drops in there, start pouring it in by the 1/2 teaspoon. Then by the tablespoon. And finally when you have a little less than 1/2 cup of the oil left, you can start just pouring it in in a thin stream. This made a thick creamy mayo that I was licking off of the food processor blades.