View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Fri, May-11-07, 13:03

Plan: Primal/Paleo/MyOwn
Stats: 187.5/168/132 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Okay, so I already had a dry skin brush from a few years back when I heard about how great it is. At the time, I didn't get the word that you are supposed to brush your skin "like a butterfly's wing" and so I brushed my skin the way I would scrub a floor....ouch! After once or twice, I was sore and red and stuck the brush into the bathroom closet, probably never to see the light of day again...

Until now! So I dug it out of the closet and went to try it again, but now I am remembering certain things, like counter-clockwise or clockwise brushing ONLY (doing the opposite is very bad, only I can't remember which is good and which is bad) and if you are only supposed to brush TOWARDS the heart or away from the heart...Also, like some areas of the body you can only use circular strokes and some straight strokes? Whew, if it didn't make my skin sore, I probably would have given up just from the sheer complexity!

So my question is, does any of this matter? Or can you just more-or-less brush however feels good and get the same benefits?