View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Apr-18-07, 15:01

Plan: Atkins~Modified
Stats: 173/173/145 Female 5' 6" and growing!
BF:26.6%/
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise
I quit in 2002. since then I gained almost 100lbs. Someone told me that the more weight you gain the better the chances are of staying smoke free. I bet Ill be smoke free for several lifetimes. I ate and ate and ate some more when I felt the urge to smoke. Now im doing the low carb thing and just staying off of sugar and starches. At least Im avoiding the stuff that made me gain.

I read this and laughed! Ecspecially the part about being smoke free for several lifetimes! Too Funny!
Congratulations for staying smoke free even though the weight gain. That might have did me in quick! Pat yourself on the back. You have done a great thing for your health and now you are doing something to make it even better by following a low carb life.
I did quit last year, and did not gain. I picked the stupid things up again, and put on 30 pounds!
I guess that when you do gain after giving smoking up, You just have to find a way to kick that metabolism back into shape. I think what saved me was I was low carbing long enough that I did not gain, because I stuck to it after the fact.
I want to congratulate all of you that has kicked the habit and stayed smoke free. I am sure even though there are drawbacks you all feel 100% better. And you should.
Brenda