View Single Post
  #483   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-07, 08:11

Plan: Medifast
Stats: 201.5/175.5/134 Female 5'5"
BF:44%/40.5%/28%
Progress: 39%

WOMEN: I was so wrecked last week after only 2 workouts I had to stop for fear of migraines. I'm sure alot of that had to do with hormone stuff from TOM, which just goes to show that unless you're a woman with experience in the field you should not give advice on a woman's exercise capabilities during the monthly cycle. I would seriously NOT recommend doing this workout when it's your time of the month regardless of what David Kirsch advises. There are ways to schedule around it and still see great results.

Having said that, and with my cycle behind me for the next 20 days, I'm once again on day 3 and I want to make sure all of you know my new best friend...IBUPROFEN! Seriously, I had forgotten all about Ibu's inflamation killing power (not to mention basic pain relief) and plan to take it for the first few days of the program with continued icing after workouts. I think it's the only way I'm going to successfully make it through this degree of training and my intensive job strain. At work yesterday I definitely felt the affects of my workout, but I wasn't in pain. This is a relief!

The first day I ate out with friends, but as it was a good day for me to start with the work out program I still count it as day 1. I didn't lose after that day, but didn't gain either. After day 2 I am down a pound. Again, a big overnight loss for someone who's been on a strict diet for the last 2 months.

So I am back to it for another 11 days!

Kadie