View Single Post
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Mar-10-07, 13:46

Plan: food? what's food?
Stats: 234/185/165 Female 62 inches
BF:nothin' but wobble
Progress: 71%

elle, keep in mind too there is a difference between hypocrasy and the voice of experience. i used to do "off" days too. i learned the hard way that they are NOT worth it because for me they did more harm than good. and considering how far you've come and how much lowcarbing has helped your previous attitudes and practices toward food, the fact that you've had a cheat binge here and there doesn't mean you're hypocritical for warning others off them.

one of the things i'm learning, thanks to everyone here, is that the difference between a diet and a lifestyle is how deeply your food habits permeate into the rest of your life. goals aren't just numerical for the scale or the tag on our clothes, they're mental and emotional too. so while i'm sitting here frustrated that i'm not even halfway to goal, stuck in a stall, i remember that every day i continue to meet my other goals... staying on-plan, quieting the guilt and making my demons work for me, not against me.

and as far as i'm concerned, i'd rather listen to the advice of someone who HAS cheated and knows the consequences than someone who's never done it and doesn't see the harm it can do.