View Single Post
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Feb-22-07, 16:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/180/165 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

I dont know, maybe I am being obtuse, or just missing the point. I DO understand that when I am LCing I dont feel the need to binge as often.

I can unequivically say that when I am LCing it takes less Energy to fight the cravings.

HOWEVER it does not mean that I never want chips or doritos or bread or pasta...i STILL WANT that stuff...DESPITE the fact that I know I feel so much better without it...despite the fact that I know that I will feel like crap the next day...despite the fact that I will put weight on...etc etc etc. Eating LC does not eliminate the DESIRE for those things.

If eating LC did eliminate the desire for those things, or indeed binging...why is there this site?? why are there countless discussions about wanting the food, why arent we all talking about how EASY this is, how effortless losing weight is?? but we arent. In fact, this SITE is a "Low Carb Forum SUPPORT GROUP...it the cravings were gone, or indeed the DESIRE was gone, we would not NEED a support group!!!
YES I agree that LC makes not binging, easier. Yes, I get it that some people are allergic, and eliminating those foods, makes not binging, easier. Or that we have food sensitivities, or trigger foods...I GET ALL THAT.

But can we really, and honestly say that when we eat LC, its easy, and the cravings completely go away,and that during the day we never ever ever FEEL like eating something that we know is not good for us?

Yes we may make the CHOICE to not eat it..YES LCing makes making that choice easier..but we STILL have to make the choice.

And despite eating LC, sometimes making that choice is hard !! and can we say that we will never want to binge if we eat LC and that feeling of not wanting to, will stay away For the rest of our lives????

and If we CANT say that....then we have to look at the underlying reason why we struggle with food. We have to look at the OTHER ( non allergic/non food sensitivity issue) reason why we eat....and that is where the emotional stuff comes in.
In My Opinion anyway!! But what do I know....