View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 14:38
Registered Member

Plan: DiPasquale Radical Diet
Stats: 301.5/260.2/260 Male 71
BF:25%/?%/15%
Progress: 100%

Your cholesterol numbers have remained the same, well within measurement error. Oddly, your triglycerides went up quite a bit which is usually the one that goes down, but your previous number 57 was low and 119 isn't especially high. I don't see any reason to freak about the report, seems pretty typical. The biggest thing IMO is maybe to boost that HDL number a bit. Usually the biggest gain in HDL is seen from exercise, what kind of exercise are you doing now? Also, if the doctor has gotten you sufficiently alarmed, there are herbals and supplements that many have had great success with. I wouldn't do anything without a few more tests in any event to see what's up; this could be an oddball measurement or even a bad test. Are you confindent that you fasted the required time before the test? I think triglycerides in particular are sensitive to the fasting time.

From my reading, I would never take statins. If you are already committed to spending some of you own money for tests, it might be very worthwhile to have you numbers reviewed by a doctor that isn't a statin pusher. Perhaps Drs Eades could review your numbers or suggest a doctor?

Kind regards