#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-15-06, 10:29
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Iowagirl gets her groove back

OK, I'm finally getting off my duff. A little background.... I began working out 7 years ago, a few months after my middle daughter was born. I began on the elliptical trainer and then moved on to weight training (which I LOVE). About 6 months after that I began to low carb and all was right with the world. Well a divorce, remarriage and another baby girl later - I am needing to start the process over. I was active until the 3rd month of my pregnancy when severe hip pain made exercise impossible. Funny my doctors kept telling me that exercise would help but it only made it worse. I also suffered gestational diabetes and frankly was a mess by the time I delivered my daughter. Two months after that (August) I saw the podiatrist and was told I have plantar fasciatis. (translation - heel pain) So I put off exercising once again as that seemed to be the only way to heal.
I am now nearly 6 months post partum and I do not want to wait any longer! I still have some heel pain but I am doing stretches and trying to strengthen my feet to see if that doesn't help. I have arch supports for my oh-so flat feet and good shoes (although I think I may need a larger size - just another benefit of pregnancy). My plan is to start again with my elliptical trainer and begin weight training next month.
Wednesday I was on the elliptical for 20 minutes.
30 minutes today.
Sponsored Links