Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 01:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/194/121 Female 155cm
BF:
Progress: 29%
Thumbs down Depo Experience

Hi all,

I was on Depo for a year and I gained heaps of weight but that was not the only problem...I had no libido, I suffered from depression that I was put on prozac which made things worse....my moods would change in a matter of minutes...one minute I was happy and the next I could have easily killed my husband about anything....it even got to the stage that we nearly split up.....
After I stopped the Depo it took me about 6 months to get a period and that did not become regular until about a year after I stopped.
I'll admit it was great not thinking about falling pregnant while I was on it and also not getting a period but it literally ruined my life for that year.....about 3 months after stopping the shots my mood swings changed and I was back to being the person I use to be....I think it is a personal choice to get the shots or not but you also need to balance the pros and cons and see if it is worthwhile.....
All this is from my experience and it does not mean that everyone has and will have the same experience as me but it is also good to know what others have gone through either be it good or bad!!!

Hope that was some help

Karina
Sponsored Links