#15   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 22:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/220/166
BF:36.9%/28.6%/23%
Progress: 53%
Default Wow

I can't believe the things I am reading here.

I SO remember what you are describing. Mean comments from girl friends, and certain kinds of unwanted attention from men.

Plenty of the attention was good, a lot of it wasn't. I think I've just started realizing that the fear of the kind of pressure you are describing here is what keeps me (on a regular basis) sabotaging my diet.

I will start to lose weight and then for no reason (seemingly) blow it, then try again and as soon as I see progress, blow it again.

I'm trying to come to grips with the fear, trying to reassure myself that I won't have to deal with all the crap you are describing again, if I do lose the weight and get to goal.

But I'm sure that it is part of what has slowed me down. You are probably much younger than I am though. I'm sure your experience would not be mine. I think I would manage (even at goal) to be less of a threat or an attraction (than I used to be) just because of my age now.

I do so remember feeling that way though when I was young before I put on the weight. There were some pretty uncomfortable situations that I still remember. Amazing that you can "have" what we all want, to be thin and attractive, and that when you do it isn't all that it is cracked up to be. You still have to deal with creepy jealous people or creepy come-on-too-strong people, or you wind up finding that the nice guys that you want to attract are too intimidated to approach you and the creepy ones won't stay away.