View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 13:09

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%
Cool thin is in

I have noticed a direct correlation between my adult weight and attention from men, but I don't think that is the whole story. I was very thin (probably too thin) in high school and never received much attention. My self esteem was low, and I think that not feeling good about how I looked affected how attractive I appeared to others. Also didn't help that I had a reputation of being the "smart girl", but that's another story.

So for me, getting attention as an adult was still a novelty, even though weight was not an issue. What was really funny to me is that both time during my pregnancies I still got a lot of attention from men. I received plenty of compliments on my appearance, and trust me, I was NOT tiny! But when I was heavier for awhile after having the babies I definitely felt invisible. Even with some male friends I noticed that they talked and flirted with me less until after I had lost the weight. That I guess bothered me the most, because it seems as if your friends shouldn't care how you look.

It really is a shame that people are quick to judge others based solely on outward appearances. A thin, beautiful person might be mean, greedy and vain, but you can't see these flaws. Finally saw "Shallow Hal" last night and thought it made some good points and was funny to boot.

Jen