#9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-17-06, 20:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302/242/180 Female 5'7" (170 cm)
BF:
Progress: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggerz
I tried it for a few weeks before, but having the carbs at my RM just caused me terrible cravings. I found I did much better with Atkins and just shy of "carb abstinance."

This is so funny, how people react differently to food.
My reaction is exactly the opposite. I've tried Atkins many, many times and I always get these cravings that get worse and worse until I just explode.
The longest I’ve managed on Atkins was 8 weeks . I’ve come to the conclusion that I just can’t do it no matter how much I want to!

Once I got a craving and fought it for 5 (yes FIVE) weeks (and yes, I tried substitutes) but it never went away and just got stronger and stronger until finally I just couldn't stand this nagging craving anymore and ended up binging. And then I have a terrible time starting the program again, unlike some who can just get right back on the next day.

I’ve also tried CAD a few times and it seems to be the only WOL that I can stick to (at least most of the time).

Now I’ve been on CAD for a while and it’s always the same story;
1. I feel good (even great sometimes!).

2. My cravings go down by about 95%. (Which is such an enormous relief!!!)

3. I get hungry, but it’s just stomach hunger and can easily be ignored (also I figure if you’re hungry, you’re burning fat).

4. I eat the RM & sometimes nothing else, sometimes 1 or 2 small meals during the day (Usually eggs or tuna salad w/little mayo). Try to get lots of protein, not too much sugar at RM.

5. Drink only water, except usually diet coke with RM. (No coffee, tea etc.)

6. I’ve been going to the gym for 10 months now (average 2x a week), first weight lifting (I really needed more muscle mass) and now I’ve started cardio (20-30 mins).

All these reasons tell me this is a program for me. I can stick to it, I feel good, no cravings etc. etc…

There’s only one big flaw. I don’t loose any weight!

This is very frustrating since I still have quite a lot to loose. But this is the only program I can stick to!!! What do I do? I’m kinda at a loss.

I would love to be able to be on Atkins and think that I might be able to do maintenance with the nuts & berries (LOVE both), some fruit, even some dark breads or crackers and all that, but I can’t get through the other phases.

Sorry to ramble on so much, this post wasn't supposed to be this long. Guess I just needed to went.
Anyways I'm not quitting this anytime soon coz I feel so much better on CAD than "a normal diet" (which causes all the cravings!!!). It's just frustrating not to loose any weight .