View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-02, 13:47

Plan: Hybrid
Stats: 181/157/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi there,

I started Curves and the Heavin low-carb plan Wednesday. I've lost the 4 lbs. of water weight that I had gained last weekend when I went out of town.

His plan starts out (phase 1)with 1 or 2 weeks of under 20 g carbs a day, or 1200 calories with a max of 60 carbs per day. After the initial week or two, it moves up a little, (phase 2) either calories or carbs. That is similar enough with other plans. You stay on this until you reach goal OR hit a plateau. Here is were he diverges. Maybe other ones do this, but I have read several books, and haven't seen it.

I'm very intrigued with his plan to reset the number of calories you start gaining weight on. Did that make sense? It's kind of difficult, maybe because I haven't done it yet. You have to watch things day by day.

I will be updating my journal, probably tonight, and will tell what I am doing, although it may be a while before I move into phase 3. We'll see! That is when the experiment begins!

I want to try this because I was looking at eating less than I'm comfortable with, to MAINTAIN, because my metabolism is slowed.

Have to go for now.

Amy