View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Aug-26-06, 08:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/216/156 Female 5'7"
BF:35%/35%/20 -25%
Progress: 6%

KelsterM, good morning!

I still take 2160 mg. a day of caprylic acid, which is incorporated into a product by Solaray called Yeast-Cleanse. There are many other ingredients in Yeast-Cleanse that are very beneficial to the killing off candida albicans (yeast): Pau D'arco, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Tea Tree Oil and many others.
Capricin is another good product. Forget who makes it, but anyone who runs a health food store would likely be able to tell you.

I also take 1200 mg. of garlic in an odor-free capsule form. (Garlic is a powerful antidote for candida albicans.)

If you're looking for probiotics, Dr. Rubin Jordan's company, Garden of Life, has wonderful products IMHO. I use his Super Green Formula among other of his products. He's a little pricey, but if you've ever read his book, "The Maker's Diet," you'll doubtless appreciate where he's coming from.

Though you'll likely run into resistence from well meaning people in mainstream medicine, or just those who may not be well informed, I strongly recommend that you look into DrNatura's Colonix Internal Cleansing Program, which you can find online. It's a wonderful way to help flush out some candida, plus there are multiple other benefits. It's inexpensive, easy and effective.

I don't know much of anything about gluten intolerance, and I should. So many problems exhibit similar symptoms that it's often hard to know what you're dealing with.

I hope my experiences will be of some benefit to you.

Best,
Lillibet
Die-off generally makes one uncomfortable for a few days, but after that one usually feels remarkably better.