#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-26-06, 08:19

Plan: Schwarzbein (was CAD)
Stats: 185/172/130 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default New to the Principle

Hi y'all!

I was doing CAD, but was having trouble controling my reward meals and not eating on a regular schedule was messing with my mind and body. A little background: I was anorexic for five years before "recovering" (read: putting weight on through binge/purge/overexercise cycles) and have been trying to get healthy. Needless to say, my body has been put through the ringer. I read the SP on a whim and what the doctor said made a lot of sense, plus this seems like a moderate way to eat that I can stick with. My only problem is giving up tobacco and coffee!!

I love my morning (and mid afternoon and early evening!) coffee! As for tobacco, when I was in the major throws of not eating I smoked 2 packs a day, since then I smoke one cigarette after dinner, which gives me some stress relief and psychological comfort. I have been doing this for two years and so far, it has not led me back to smoking more. I want to heal my body, but was wondering what experiences others had with giving up stimulants. Did you all go cold turkey or taper off slowly?

Thanks!

Love, Kate
Sponsored Links