View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-09-06, 12:04

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 137/135/130 Female 5' 6"
BF:Don't know
Progress: 29%

Hi BawdyWench. We crossed paths in another thread site, but you certainly raise interesting questions. Could it be that ALL the LC proponent writers KNOW that EVERYONE will go back to eating veggies, fruits, carbs etc. sooner or later - and that they might as well tell us just how much we can eat of these? It must be quite unusual to love meat and fat but not particularly veggies and fruit. I really find all this seeming contradition frustrating. I'm taking supplements, including calcium and magnesium and potassium which keep me "going" without a lot of fibre. If I eat veggies I sometimes feel bloated and too full. But I worry about this!!!!! We must eat our veggies eh? Do we know anything long term about meat and fat diets? YES we do because of the Eskimo studies etc. But even those two fellows years ago who were studied as they ate meat and fat for one year, went back to their regular diets afterwards....man, this is very scary, and I really get mad at myself because I don't trust myself to do the right thing. And frankly I don't trust anyone, even diet doctors to tell me the complete truth. It's a matter of mix and match and what makes the most sense to me. I'd really like to get a discussion going on this - what do you REALLY think of the health impact of meat, fat, and veggies when you feel like it? Is it scary? Too wacko?