#17   ^
Old Thu, May-18-06, 22:01
Registered Member

Plan: Zone Diet now
Stats: 450/400/195 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Donna and Surfer,
This might seem a silly question to ask - but it’s important to me. As I find myself a bit confused on which way to go.

You see I like Maple Syrup and plan on using it in recipes.

But, I've noticed you both mention using Sugar-Free Maple Syrup.

Now, here is the odd part. You see, I haven't mentioned this before, but I'm a border line Type II Diabetic. Lucky for me I can control it still with proper eating habits.

When I started all this, I went through my kitchen pantry and threw away or gave away everything I considered bad for me. One of these items was Maple Syrup and replaced it with sugar free maple syrup.

So being excited about the conversion, I did a blood test an hour after using sugar free maple syrup. It came back 75 points higher than when I use regular grade B Maple syrup. not to mention how my body processes these Sugar Free versions of sweets. Because this is public forum, lets just say, when I have anything Sugar Free, I don't dare leave the house and need a clear path the bathroom about an hour later.

Sorry if this topic is a bit off color, but I would really like hear from any experience you have on this.

thanks
J