#49   ^
Old Thu, May-04-06, 09:49

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 198/179/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubizmo
I think the Anchell diet seems "liberal" in comparison to an all-meat diet, but a VLC diet with a wide variety of fruits and vegetables is "liberal" in comparison to the Anchell diet. I think that the reason why I eventually went off the Anchell diet is that I couldn't justify to myself not being able to have, for example, mushrooms with my steak, or roasted peppers, etc. These things add enjoyment to meals, and I found I was unwilling to forego them without a reason that I could make sense of. But I can't dispute that it worked for me.

No argument there. Still, husband is very jazzed about 'the eat as much meat as you like', took butter to his office for the first time ever in his life today, half a cooked chicken and a yam. He loved tri tip steak with blueberries for breakfast. So you've got a convert there. And best of all, no longer worries about me wasting time on the internet with all this food trivia! Thanks, ubizmo!

Incidently, this coincides with his desisting from cholesterol-lowering medications ordered by doctor. He was at 212 when put on them. Is intrigued to see if this more meat-based, fat-based, lower-carb way of eating won't lower cholesterol naturally.

BTW, does yam count as sweet potato in this Anchell context?