Old Fri, Apr-21-06, 15:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 310/300/160 Female 5`9
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA
Hi there.
I follow most of the main points as outlined in the DANDR book. The main way I modified it to suit me was never having a strict induction (in the book it does say you can skip it under certain circumstances), and I have never been that careful about counting my carbs. I have a general rough idea, and I did try to slowly add back foods like higher sugar fruits and whole grains in moderation.
My reasoning for going about it this way was based on that I have a past history of eating disorders (annorexia, and binge eating), and obsessive compulsive disorder so I didnt want to get to caught up in the "numbers game" again. Its been working for me. I still have a long ways to go before I am really fit but I feel a lot better now than I have in a long time.

Excellent LukeA!
I totaly know what ya mean by playing the numbers game! I get so locked in my head its crazy lol literally. I think I remember reading a post of yours in another thread...something about sugar free Jones? or am i mistaken? I manage a health food store and often have access to different distributors for various 'low carb' thingys. So if you or Any one else in Saskatoon is interested with a product ''they just cant seem to get''..give me a shout and I'll see what i can do to order it!

~*Annalee*~