View Single Post
  #75   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-06, 21:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Personally, I don't mind the extra carb or two, even if the label is to be taken at face value. As Jen said earlier, the benefits of eating yogurt far outweigh the carb count.

I eat about a cup a day now, and all seems to be going well. Also, I prefer the organic brands and like a bit runny, tart to sour yogurt. I add the runnier stuff to my protein shakes and eat the rest as one may normally eat yogurt.

And too, I tend to believe Dr Goldberg. Just because no one else duplicated his results does not make him wrong. I have not read one article debunking his theory/findings that said they used his proceedures. Nor have I read an article by anyone that spelled out how they reached the contrary findings to those of Dr Goldberg.

I take a lot of things I find on the internet with a grain of salt, and until someone does a study or two, using Dr Goldbergs process, and proves him wrong, I see no reason not to believe this.

A few articles I have read debunking this have referenced the standard method of counting carbs as proof that Dr Goldberg was wrong. How can that make sense? A few others make no mention of what method was used to "prove" Dr Goldberg wrong,only that he was wrong and so is his process.

Does this scenario sound familiar to anyone?

One lone voice in the wilderness does not always a crackpot make...how many people in the mainstream health field still think Dr Atkins was a crackpot?

Even if hard, repeatable science shows we are to take the label at face value, I will still eat my yogurt merrily and smile......