#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-30-06, 10:26
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 198/183.5/165 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default What's your take on this?

I had been doing a low-cal diet (the 3 Hour Diet--a lot like TSP but with low-fat) for a few weeks and had lost a pound or two. It was then that I decided to start TSP. I had been doing it for a week and felt great (that is when I began posting here at this forum). I followed the healing plan faithfully for about a week and half...then I fell off for a weekend I went to Philly with my friend and had a philly cheesteak and fries!! And then we had beers that night. I wasn't totally back on on Sunday but did get right back on on Monday (this past Monday, March 27th). Usually when I stop eating sugar, I see almost an instant difference in my stomach (this is not where I usually hold weight since I am a "pear" shape so I see changes fast in my stomach). All week I have been following the mainenance plan with about 30 grams of carbs per meal. Last night my stomach felt huge and I noticed that my butt and thighs felt MUCH larger too (I know every lump and bump and could tell that I had gained a few more here and there LOL).

So here's my question--do you think that it was because I went off and ate "bad" stuff and then when I got back on TSP my body just kept on gaining? I felt soooo much better the first week that I started TSP than I have this week! Is this why a lot of diets (South Beach, Atkins, whatever Oprah did) have you do a 2 week induction phase with no/low carbs and then add them back slowly? I totally didn't mind staying the same weight when I started, but I really dont' want to go into a size 18! Especially when I wasn't going in that direction the first week I started TSP. I started walking yeserday morning for about 40 min and did it again today (at a moderate pace--no where near running! LOL) So I'm not really sure what to do now...
Sponsored Links