#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-14-06, 16:23
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 198/183.5/165 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default New here--here I go again!

Hi all--my name is Nicole and I am a diet-aholic! LOL Seriously though...I am having a horrible time losing weight after the birth of my third son (he's 3 1/2 now!). After my first two, I lost the weight by doing Weight Watchers, breastfeeding and exercise. I have tried WW again with no results even though I followed it to the T. I did TSP about a year ago (for 3 weeks) and although I didn't lose weight, I did feel better. I think the lack of weight loss made me give up (even though I know it can take awhile).

I have all of TSP books and have to say that the Program is actually a bit confusing to me. In her other book, she had a guide for how much carbs to eat depending on your activity level (I think mine was 15 grams per meal and 7 per snack) but now I don't see that anywhere in this new book and it's saying to eat 30 grams per meal and 15 per snack. Seems like a lot to me, but I'm willing to try it.

The other issue I am having is which plan to start with. I feel like my metabolism is messed up since I suddenly can't lose weight doing things like Weight Watchers, but when I take the quiz, it says to start with the Maintenance Plan. I guess I can try that and see what happens. If I don't lose any weight after a few weeks, then maybe I need to go on the Healing plan.

For those here who have lost weight--did you eat all the full-fat foods or did you do the low-saturated fat plan? I totally understand that fat is not the enemy here, but it does feel funny eating full fat yogurt and using butter again!

I'm sure I'll think of many other questions as I go so I will thank you all in advance for any help/advice you can give me!

p.s. anyone want to list some good snacks that they eat? The meals are pretty easy, but I get confused as to what is considered a carb (like yogurt) and what is considered a protein (like cheese). I would probably have put them both in the same category
Sponsored Links