View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-11-06, 10:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/193/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hello Christie! I hope your week went well and that your week is a great one! How did the diet go? Since you asked about New Mexico, here goes: I am actually a transplant from Maryland (came in in 1969 and except for a couple excursions to live elsewhere, have managed to get back here to my officially adopted state). My husband is from this state, actually from Ft. Sumner (Billy the Kid fame). We have lived in Clovis (very flat with dairy industry), Albuquerque (mountains and volcano bluffs) and are currently in Alamogordo (desert with mountains and snow skiing just 16 milies away). The cost of living is low compared to the east or west coast, and you may be familiar with it if you are currently in the southwest region of the US. The culture and history of NM is amazing. Our climate can be very hot to very cool depending on where a person lives. Humidity is scarce. Drought is felt everywhere lately,though. If you and your husband are looking for specific retirement needs, I have no doubt that NM will meet them somewhere in the state, so I do hope you give it a good look-see. If you have a specific questions, just ask away. Take care and let me know how you are doing with low carbing.