View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Oct-12-02, 10:30
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/297.6/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 37%

I've always been big. Back 3 generations, I'm the biggest in my family on both sides. My mother and sisters were sizes 2-6 while I was a size 14 at 10! The only sucessful weight loss I have before lc was on the old old old old weight watchers plan where you could only have 2 servings of carbs a day and I would save them for my dinner meal. CAD before CAD. Once weight watchers changed, it activated my carb addiction and I would try other diets off and on. Each would leave me heavier and heavier.

I've always known I was a carb addict but could never get a doctor or dietician to agree with me or acknowledge the fact. One day at 320, I was in the book store browsing in the diet section and saw the Hellers' book THE CARBOHYDRATE ADDICTS DIET. I stopped in my tracks and read the book there and then. I went on the diet and quickly dropped 45 pounds. Then, unluckily, I started work in a health clinic, as I can stall in the winter because of SAD, the nutritionist kept hounding me to get off of my unhealthy diet and try a "proven and healthy diet". By the time I got my reactivated carbo addiction back under control, I WAS 350 POUNDS!!

I will never go off Atkins and CAD/CALP again!