Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 07:24
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hullo Cyaegha,

Welcome to another Brissie member.

Firstly, I truly and honestly think using ketostix is a big waste of time and money. They can show positive simply because you've eaten a fatty meal - and let's face it, all our meals should be fatty. I think you are best to forget them, just go by the scales or even better, the tape measure.

You can have cream in coffee - much better than milk any day. To me anyway. I haven't seen any kind of low carb milk around.

When it come to low carb "products," I feel that, especially at first, you are best to stick with the basics - meat, fish, eggs, cheese, cream and vegies. So many "products" are pale imitations of the real thing, and for mine, we should be trying to change our way of eating, not having LC versions of high carb foods.
That being said, Coles and Woolies do have some Atkins products, but they are expensive, and just not worth it to me. There is a GNC store in the city mall, opposite Myer that has a full range of products. There is also a health food shop (don't know the name, sorry) in Indooroopilly Shoppingtown - opposite Woolworths that also sells a full range of Atkins products.

The only low carb sausages I've seen are Coles Italian snags. They have <1g carbs per 100g.

All the best, mate. Do keep asking questions as you think of them.

Roz