#105   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 18:56

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Minnie,

About wanting to reward yourself:

You have to find something that works for you. As you move into ongoing weight loss and maintenance you start increasing your carb levels. That allows for different choices. While the LC choices are generally the best, some people (myself included) allow the occassional reward. I don't think I'll ever be a purist, but I know I will always be careful. So, once in a while I will have a small slice of garlic bread, or a hot dog bun. The trick is partly in how your body can handle it, and partly in how your mind can handle it. It it doesn't trigger a huge cravings binge, or you don't beat yourself up for "cheating" then......... It's a matter of choice on where you want to spend your carb allowance.

Everyone else...wow do I have a lot of catching up to do with all your posts!. It's been a rough week with work, my mom getting sick, and preparing for weekend long company for the next 2 weeks.

I do have good news! I had a wonderful deep sleep last night and feel like an new person. I haven't been sleeping well for the last 11 months. Our 13 year old cat got into the habit of waking me up once or twice a night to be fed after we had to switch him to canned food from dry. At first it didn't bother me, since I had just started Lcing and needed to get up in the night to visit the loo anyway. Now it's just become plain annoying. Last night I fixed him a wonderful bed, a food plate, water and a kitty box in the guest room waaaaaaaaaaaaay on the other side of the house. There were 3 closed doors between us, so we didn't hear his complaining. I slept like a log, and he is no worse for the wear. I think he'll be taking a little night time guest room holiday for the next 2 weeks to see if I can get him retrained to allow me to sleep. Anyway, what a difference a good night's deep, complete sleep can do.

I'll check back in on Monday once our visitors are gone. Everyone have a great weekend.