View Single Post
  #102   ^
Old Wed, Oct-02-02, 09:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/183/150
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default Anyone noticed how our thread has outposted all the others? :)

Since "women going through hormonal changes" are the biggest segment of society these days, that's what happens everywhere we start talking to each other.

Anyway.....I have a question about my eating! Surprise!

I've been doing Atkins for about 3 mo. now and have lost 40lbs. Still not doing enough exercise or drinking enough water, but am so happy to be done with sugar, starches, etc. I'm such a believer that I haven't progressed much past the induction phase!

Now I'm getting bored, cutting back on meat since my HDL is too low and blood pressure is too high. One problem is that I don't like most of the allowed veggies and everytime I eat some fruit, I get that "hungry" feeling.

Some of the things I'm missing (not craving or cheating on) are milk, occasional bread and cereal for breakfast. I'm wondering if adding these things once a week or so would throw me off. I don't want to fall off the wagon because I still want to lose another 40-50 lbs. The only cheat I had was eating one hotdog bun and 1 Hershey's kiss in the entire 3 months. Neither of those created an urge or craving, so I'm thinking I could handle a little reward now and then, but I'm kind of afraid to risk it.

What has been some of your experiences?
Dee