#95   ^
Old Tue, Oct-01-02, 11:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/183/150
BF:
Progress: 65%
Default Greentea

It sounds like you are going through what so many of us have been through (or are in the middle of). It's not likely that all of this started at the same time or with the same intensity.....most of the symptoms start out very subtly and then, before you realize what they were, you end up with a whole new set of "changes"..... it's all part of the process of peri-menopause and requires a lot of education, documentation, experimentation, some patience and a great sense of humor!

Let's put it this way...your body is hormonally out of balance and what do we need to do when we lose our balance? Find the middle! Since each of us is so different, you won't be able to rely on what works for someone else, which is why education is so important at this point. You've got to know what is normal for you and your family history, and when you KNOW you're feeling out of balance you have to start searching for the new "middle".

It used to be that we could go to our doctors and expect them to "fix" whatever was wrong, but as HerbNurse has stated many times, we have to take charge and rely on our own instincts, our own research and common sense. Some women choose prescription hrt, some go the natural route, but there are no SET answers when it comes to what is YOUR solution.

I would suggest that you take a look at the most common symptoms other women are dealing with (listed on my site at http://www.minniepauz.com/35symptoms.html) which you've probably already seen and most likely related to. Then decide what is giving you the most grief......maybe it's the mood swings, but whatever you decide, then I recommend you do more research on just that at first. (I can assure you that each time you discover info related to one thing, you will find links and referrals to additional issues.)

This is a good time to start documenting your symptoms too. It will be helpful when you go to the doctor and it will help you see if there are patterns developing regarding times and intensity of your symptoms....especially since we get a bit more "forgetful" during all this turmoil. I call those "Minnie Moments". Either a journal or just a calendar is helpful on this part.

It will take some time, but if you truly want to get yourself back into balance, it will be well worth it. Even the confidence you get from being more informed will help ease the confusion and frustration you must be feeling.

I don't have all the answers, but I recognize the need to help a "sister" find a starting point to what I'm now calling "discovery thru menopause"...well, that's not as clever as "if you don't get it, you ain't there yet", but it will have to do for now.

I hope I've helped in some small way....you deserve to feel good!
Dee