#15   ^
Old Thu, Nov-03-05, 05:27
Faux-foods=Doh!Foods

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 216/180/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hey Caz,

Don't worry about preaching to the converted to me, I'd actually like some help in that area if you've got it.

I talk in other weight loss forums and in one, one lady was saying how, while sick, she upped her fat levels and felt a lot better. Her TOM symptoms were lessened too. She knows I lc (I'm either the only one or one of two on the whole site hehe) but I don't go too indepth in case they start feeling like I'm pushing it on them.

Anyway, after she said this I mentioned that that's one of the things lc-ers notice when they start Atkins and that there are many other health benefits. I said I'd post some links to info if requested. It's been requested. Now, I need to find some really good info for people that have been low-fatting, that wont sound like sensationalist nonsense.

I was thinking something on cholesterol and it's unsubstantiated concerns. Maybe something on menstruation (as it seems to be of interest). What about something on fibromyalgia?

I'll take a look around but if anyone has any good links or can think of something good - but not too controversial, it's still early days - let me know.

In other news, I weighed in another 0.5kg lighter this morning! I had my fitness assessment done at the gym and did my first workout in months! Feels so good. The only bad thing is they did my measurements and weight again and I've gained, which I knew. Gained in all areas but 9cm on my waist! I didn't realise it was that much!

Ah well, I wasn't too surprised. I was a bit surprised at my lack of strength now but I'm hoping if I've once had it, that it should be easier to gain back. *fingers crossed*

Your cheese and ham sandwich sounds yum
My vice is oats (like in Anzac biscuits ) and icecream.

Be careful you don't have too much! hehehe ... how many carbs per slice did your bread come in at?

Hmmm I hadn't heard that stuff about Atkins increasing your cholesterol and causing problems, glad it isn't true!

Also glad you have discovered lc recipes hehehe atm I'm shopping around on eBay for a few books (I think I wrote that in another thread somewhere). I get a bit confused when they list pasta, flour, sugar etc in the ingreds tho. I don't think I'll listen to that part, like Rosebud says. But, I can't just look them up on the net and make them ... I must have them in hardcopy or .. I dunno it just doesn't work

You asked about me making my decision to lc. Personally, I'm one of those people that feels physically fine low fatting and low carbing. I will admit I can function well on less sleep and be more alert when low carbing, but this is something I've only discovered in the last week.

I've always been fairly vegetarian, just because that's how my tastes work (and I always thought it was better for you) so eating all this meat is still something I'm getting used to. I eat a lot of fish instead, that makes it more enjoyable. Creamy tuna mushroom mix, mmmmmmm

I made the choice because WW (with whom I lost the majority of my weight so far) restricts more and more the lighter you get. I could do more exercise being lighter which meant I was getting hungrier and hungrier. I couldn't go to the gym on an empty stomach or I'd have no energy and die after about 5 mins so I went less. It was a vicious cycle really. So, I looked into other plans. Tried the peanut one, mostly because it was different to WW and had foods I'd avoided, like peanuts, on it. It was good, but you couldn't have a normal life on it. Then I tried Atkins. I joined this site and started getting educated. Now, it's not even the weight loss that keeps me going, it's the health benefits. Low fat reeeeeally isn't healthy for you, I just couldn't go back to putting my body at that kind of risk of diabetes.

Did I babble on too much? Sorry, I do that sometimes :P

Do you live with a family at home Caz? Have a family to cook for? Just interested in how those differences affect people. I live w my bf and we eat separately (we work shifts and rarely, if ever, meet up where eating is concerned).

Speaking of shifts, I have an early one tomorrow and it's half passed 10. I'm off to bed, have a good night all.

e