#28   ^
Old Fri, Oct-28-05, 19:26

Plan: My own, post Atkins
Stats: 180/131/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 123%

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
Frankly, I get a little irritated when people are scolded like children for just about anything... regardless of plan.

Since this IS the war zone, i might as well just add-
I'm really tired of people (who are following the atkins diet) being told they aren't gonna make it, when they make tiny mistakes, like eating a carby meal once in a while. You're right, potatofree. They are scolded like children. I mean, for pete's sake, people are scolded, for example, if they eat a couple bites of a phase 2 food during induction...
I don't see that kind of reprimanding very supportive, especially when this is a diet support website. I mean, none of us would be here if it wasn't as hard as all hell to lose weight. I strongly dislike it when individuals are reprimanded for not following atkins perfectly, at all times. So many people call it a "WOL." Some people, i think, have taken it a step or two further- it seems kind of like a religion, and if you aren't complete in devotion to DANDR, you shouldn't be doing it at all. And, of course, 95% of the great people on this website aren't like that, but some are, and i personally have a problem with them telling others that they're gonna fail.