Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola123
Hi All,

Have been reading up on all of the advice and tips on all of the threads, and came across your very supportive group. I am nearly at the end of week 2 of induction and think I have been pretty good. I am averaging between 15 - 20g carbs per day. After the first week I lost about 3 kgs, but this week nothing. The stick is showing moderate fat burning, but being a women may be playing havoc with my results.
I miss certain things, especially when the girls have morning tea at work, or when I have to dodge certain foods at a dinner party but on the whole I feel ok. Just wish I could see some more results. i go to the gym 3 - 4 times a week (30min only) and have just made it to 1km on the treadmill jogging so my energy is definately better. Any thoughts on whether I should repeat induction??
I have been eating an atkins bar a day, so maybe I should give them a miss. Need to lose around 12kgs hopefully be Christmas!!

Nice to meet you all and I look forward to participating in the thread.

Cheers
lola

Hi Lola, and welcome!

I think you are doing very well indeed, and I wouldn't change anything just yet. Time and time again we see people have a little "pause" or "plateau after the initial weight loss. Your body seems to be taking stock and coming to terms with the loss.

Did you know that the average amount lost during Induction is 10% of the amount you need to lose? You are already 17% down, so are well ahead of the game. I think it's a shame that Dr Atkins emphasised the large amounts people can lose, because in reality, it's only folk who need to lose much larger amounts who lose 1 pound per day and more during Induction.

So, my advice would be to carry on exactly as you are, and before long I'm sure you'll drop some more. Maybe if you don't lose anything for another week or so, you could ditch the bars, but for now I think you are doing really well.

Cheers, matey.

Roz