Thread: no weight loss
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Sep-21-02, 16:40

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hi, Karen. You're doing great! Sticking with the program is the most important thing. Just a few notes:
  • When and how did you determine your starting weight? Basically, the best time to weigh is the first thing in the morning and always to weigh on the same scale. Even if that scale is not "accurate," it will be accurate as far as your progress goes. Especially taking your weight at the doctor's office is not reliable since you will be wearing different clothes, at different times of the day, etc.
  • Also, weight is not a good indicator in general of your progress. That's because your weight can fluctuate day to day or even in a single day by as much as 10 pounds.
  • And you might even have been gaining muscle weight as you shed fat weight so it won't show on the scale. How are your clothes fitting?
  • Did you take measurements before you started? If so, have you remeasured to see if there is any change? But, remember, even your measurements can fluctuate.
  • My bloodpressure did not go down until I quit my BC pills. It's still high, but finally slowly going down. Some of us don't get that benefit as easily as others. I'm working on it though, and I am sure you will see it come down eventually too.
  • You're doing all the right things, so be patient and let TSP work its magic slowly.
TSP is a slow process. But that's one of its most important strengths. when you lose your excess fat slowly, you will be better prepared and able to keep it off for the rest of your life. Focus on the benefits you can feel (less IBS, more energy) and look for more.

Also, focus on becoming the best low-carber a la TSP you can. That's what's working for me and it has gotten me through some tough spots.

Good Luck!
;-Deb